Friday 10 February 2012

Wood for the Trees – reduce, reuse, recycle

These days we’re all encouraged to reduce, reuse, recycle; in fact you could almost say that’s becoming a mantra for us all to live by.  I’ve just seen a huge pile of wood being incinerated instead of being used as fire wood to warm someone’s home at this chilly time of year. So in this age of increasing recycling why then do people forget about the wood for the trees? 
It brings home to me just how important recycling is and not least of all us artists.   It’s great that we can now get some fair trade beads & stones, recycle gold, but so much is still missing like recycled silver is so hard to find unless you make your own, and should you really be melting down your grandmother’s best silver goblet to turn it into jewellery, I suspect her answer’s no!
So next I’m off to the recycling yard to find some scrap metal to turn into something wonderful in my bid to save the planet, and not get myself in trouble by melting down the family silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment