Saturday 18 February 2012

Resin from Nature! Helping the Bees & Butterflies

So I’ve been watching the BBC programme Bees, Butterflies & Blooms and how it is believed the decline in our wild flowers is causing the decline in out pollinating insects.  Personally I love wild flowers and the fact my less than tidy garden allows wild flowers to grow in the garden is just perfect, well in my considered opinion!

So today I read about a new sort of resin made from a natural ingredient base (ecopoxycraftresin) including beans & peanuts – makes it sound like a curry! It is a wonderful step forward in making resin jewellery as it is a move towards a renewable source of resin even if it does sound a bit like a recipe for tonight’s tea. Plus with these being plant material bases it just means we’re going to have to help those pollinating insects by encouraging wild flowers for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment